Welcome to the #1 ST Forum and ST community dedicated to ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the ST Forum today!

New owner alert

City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Edge ST
Hi, just registered. I'm a forum kid from way back, so I always join a relevant forum when I get into a new car; the info is usually invaluable.

My wife and I are a Ford performance family. I started out with my first Ford, a 2000 Mercury Cougar V6 sport, back in 2002. Since then we've owned (among a few other things) 2 SVT Focuses, a Bullitt, a Focus ST, and now a 2021 Edge ST.

I'm not a crossover/CUV fan AT ALL, but I realize that the practicality is undeniable. And if you're traveling with 2 dogs and luggage for 2, you need more than a Focus hatchback to make the trip bearable. So initially we went with a Honda Element. Unique, interesting, SUPER PRACTICAL but not well suited to highway trips, as you're in a tinny crap-can whose 4-cylinder is screaming at 4200 RPMs at all times, and ZERO features - so it had to go. The Explorer was out of the question due to its sheer size. The Escape was OK, but I liked the extra brawn and ST-tuning of the Edge. So that won out in the end.

So far so good. It's a Lithium Gray with pretty much all the options except the performance brakes (I honestly like the design on these 20" wheels better anyway, sssh). It's taking a lot to get used to only having 2 pedals, as I haven't owned a car with an automatic transmission since 2001. But we'll get used to it.

Currently in the driveway: in addition to the outgoing 2007 Honda Element SC, I still have the 08 Bullitt (they will probably bury me in that; it's out of date, but undeniably one of the coolest cars Ford ever made IMO), the 2013 Race Red Focus ST, and a 1999 Mercury Cougar that's used only for track duty; it's built for Street Modified competition in SCCA autocross and it's quicker than all of them. I'm still an administrator at newcougar.org, which is where my automotive forum experience began.

Perhaps I'll be back with questions and such as I get used to all the new quirks and features of the new Edge ST.

2020-10-11 09.11.15.jpg

2019-07-07-16.14.21.jpg

2024-06-22 20.58.25.jpg

99719144-OVR+Solo+PE2+Grp1-253.jpg